Apartment fire displaces 2 tenants

Anjana Gohil, center, is comforted by her daughter, Omega Gohil, and Rev. Tim Privratsky, chaplain of the Dickinson Fire Department, on Friday morning after the apartment above hers caught fire and displaced them after four years of living in their apartment off Sims Street in Dickinson.


Jesse Samsa broke down in tears as he watched firefighters inspect the apartment building he had lived in for the past three months.

As he looked at his section of the white building at 1143 Sims, now black and charred beyond repair, the Pennsylvania native living and working in Dickinson could only muster up three words.

“Pain and hurt.”
Continue reading “Apartment fire displaces 2 tenants”